Sunday, April 24, 2011

Feeling Green?

So today, I have finally finished reading the book Sleeping Naked is Green by Vanessa Farquharson. Her sardonic opinions on hippies made an environmental book a lot easier to read (Not saying that eco-friendly topics are boring-but a sense of humor helps! ). Of course, my desire to save the environment wasn't essentially inspired by her book, but her changes in attitude and behavior towards greendom have made me want to take upon a green challenge myself. If an 'eco-cynic' can do it, why can't I? Granted, I don't believe I will be able to make one green change everyday, but a small start is a start nonetheless.

To a lesser degree, I will attempt to reduce my carbon footprint, perhaps by making one green change a week or so. Some may argue that it won't make a difference unless I make drastic changes in my lifestyle, or even say it's not worth it at all. Let's just say, I agree to disagree. For now, more than the environment, I want to try this for myself. Is it in attempts to become a 'better person' ? I really don't know but we'll see where this goes.

Now, to decide what my first green change will be...
I already only buy organic dairy products, eggs, and some produce...
This may fare to be more difficult than anticipated.


1 comment:

Sam Oh said...

Every one effort makes a difference. Like they say in Horton Hears a Who. A Who is a Who no matter how small!