Saturday, July 11, 2009

J'aime écouter de la musique

Straying away from the typical popular radio music, there are many artists new & old which I simply adore. Some people might criticize the indie music stream saying things like, "If it's not mainstream, it's obviously not good." THAT statement, i must strongly disagree with.

For starters, a few good bands:
Voxtrot: Recommended by a friend of mine, Voxtrot has a lot of unique sounds. Mostly easy-listening, upbeat, and light, in my opinion but they do have some harder hitting material.
Some of my top song picks:
  • Steven
  • The Start of Something
  • Soft & Warm
  • Raised by Wolves



______________________________

French Kicks: I first listened to this band live because they were opening for OK Go in Irving Plaza, NY. Immediately fell in love with the sound. Definitely not what I usually listen to but still amazing nonetheless. Music almost sort of leaves you in a trance. Buy their album Two Thousand!

Song picks:

  • So Far We Are
  • Cloche
  • Basement D.C.
  • England Just Will Not Let You Recover


_____________________________________________________

Alors, j'ai décidé d'écrire plus souvent.
it will give me something to do for the next month or so i have left before going back to university..

1 comment:

Sam Oh said...

That's Olivia Wilde in that French Kicks video! I never noticed that.